Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter weekend


Harvested the last of the winter crop this weekend. The carrots did well as did the Swiss Chard. I'm in the process of "hardening off" the seedlings. It's a two week process in which the plants are slowly exposed to the sun and outside elements.

I received my drip irrigation order in the mail and will post when the installation takes place.

In the garden, I've begun preparing the beds with the appropriate soil amendments, and cleaned and oiled the rat traps and BB gun, I mean, the Havahart LIVE animal cage. Don't get me wrong, I love squirrels, just not in my peach tree. Last year, I humanely relocated a total of 7 to the greener pastures of Central Park, to no avail. This year will be different I predict. More to follow on that subject.

On a side note, John passed his driver's test today and received his license. Motoring public be warned!


1 comment: